Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday 20 September 2012

Butterfly Print : Incredibly Easy D.I,Y Nail Art


Butterfly nails were my choice for day 2 of the 31 day nail art challenge. Mostly because Day 2 was orange and I hate the color orange! What I don't hate is having pretty monarch butterflies on my fingertips. This one does require a bit of a steady hand, but with a good brush and some patience it's totally do-able.
Since I hate orange, I don't have much in the way of orange polish, so most of this was yellow, red and coral pink mixed together on a palatte. In my world, a palatte is a piece of plastic...no need to get fancy! The colors I used were Miss Sporty Clubbing Colors in Yellow, Sinful Colors in Ruby Ruby, China Glaze in Mom's Chiffon, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out and Kiss Nail Art Paint in White.

Following are some pictures of butterfly nail art so you can get some ideas to create your own nail art or u can just copy them because these butterfly nail art pictures are great:-D
(1) Hot-Red Wings

(2) Wings with yellow base

(3) Fade-Lady Butterfly

(4) Realistic Shade Wings

(5) Fair-Lady Butterfly

(7) Gold Wings

(7) Formal Black-Lady

Tips & Tricks
  • If you don't have a brush a nail art pen or a toothpick should work just fine.
  • The gradient is optional, you could just do an orange base. If you don't know how to do a gradient, we have a tutorial for that!
  • Be generous with the base coat over your gradient. I put mine on a bit thin and you can see it left some bumps.
  • Prefer a video? No problem!



1 comments:

  1. Image #5 (Fair-Lady) is mine. Could I perhaps get some credit for that?

    ReplyDelete